Washington Expungement Lawyer | How the Process Works

If you've made it to this blog you are probably interested in expunging your criminal record. If so, then you've come to the right place. Though I can't tell you everything you should do to vacate a criminal record (you really need a Washington expungement lawyer to finalize everything), I'll tell you what you can do to get started, and I'll tell you what we do when people call us for help.

First things first, before you get going too far, before you throw a bunch of money down the drain, you need to find out if you are eligible to have your criminal record expunged. To do that is pretty easy. You can try to remember what your criminal record is (if it isn't long it shouldn't be too hard) or you can ask for it from the Washington State Patrol. $10.00 and a request will get your entire criminal history, which I need to figure out if you are eligible for reinstatement.

Once you get all of your criminal history information we'll be able to tell you pretty quickly whether or not we think you might be eligible. But it doesn't end there. We don't want to do all of the work required to vacate your criminal convictions, restore your voting rights, or restore your firearm rights unless we think there is a good chance of success. Because of that, we typically ask for a small fee to investigate your case and formulate an opinion of whether or not vacation or expungement is an option.

If it is an option, and you think you want to move forward, then we quote you a fee and if you agree to it we file the paperwork for you. Once the paperwork is filed a hearing is set to determine whether or not the court will grant the expungement, and we go from there.

One thing is certain, though, you want to talk to a Washington expungement attorney before you get started to make sure you aren't wasting your money. Why move the court to vacate your criminal record if they aren't allowed to do it according to the law.

There you go, how the process works. If you have questions, please give us a call. We'd love to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment